From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:10:18 -0700

> I used to be somewhat obsessed with finding the
> perfect diet, thinking it
> would cure all that ailed me...but...what ailed me
> most was not from physical
> problems but more in my head...stemming from many
> tragic things in my
> past...I felt that if I could eat all the "right"
> things that somehow this
> would magically make everything all better.

Mary, I dont think you were alone is displacing the
cause of your problems..and thinking that you could
cure it all through food.  I suspect there are legions
of people like this.  It must have been a huge
liberation for you when you made this discovery.
That's great!!!!!

> Now I try to simply eat what makes me feel the best
> and follow guidelines
> that make sense to me. I try not to jump at every
> warning, comment,
> suggestion that comes into my awareness,

Makes good sense to me!

> I do believe that eating a healthy diet (in my
> opinion is mostly veg/fruit
> then meat and fat) with some allowances for modern
> day indulgences(which like
> Todd, I  have no problems with) will enhance my
> overall well being.

I agree with you.  Your approach sounds reasonable and
healthy in a "holistic" way.

Thomas