From:
Nathen Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:15:09 -0800
>         out of curiosity,  doesn't 'cheating' make you feel sick? I mean
>like physically sick?

Yeah, which is why I'm "loosing my religion" as it were.  Not my faith in
Diety, but in other people.  So far, one person has argued that I am "not
indulging" because I won't eat foods that make me sick, and the other person
said I was "submitting to weakness" or something because I decided to
interperate Neitchze's "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" as
"If it doesn't kill you, you can LEARN TO AVOID it later on."  The former
person, someone mishappenly thin, was denying me reason and volition (the
ability to have a small denial for a large pay-off in indulgence), the
latter is hung up on THE NOBILITY OF SUFFERING, which is aweful.  He
interprets the Neitche quote as "If it doesn't kill you, do it again, so
that you become used to the pain it causes."  Hermitage is becoming more and
more appealing.