Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:02:27 -0500
Pat,  The following is only my own anecdotal experience.

I eat all the fat on my meats.  I eat chicken, turkey, salmon, tuna, eggs,
beef, pork - going for the fattier cuts like thighs, wings, etc.  I eat a
wide variety of vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds to total a daily consumption
of 40 - 80 grams of carbohydrates.  I use raw butter, and I use cream once
in awhile.

I changed my ewating habits 11/01/1996.  I am 5'2".  I then weighed 212
pounds.  After 11 years of eating this way I maintain a weight of 123 - 128
pounds.  I don't believe cholesterol means diddly, but mine is 163 with an
HDL of 76, LDL of 80, triglycerides of 33, glucose 89, CRP 0.2 as of last
April.

So, eating fat is not making me fat!  I wear a size 6 or 8, depending.

Paula H.