From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 20:04:55 -0500
Welcome to the list, Sam!!

Raising your fat intake -- what makes you think you should worry about this?
Just curious...

Since you haven't learned to prepare meat, I would suggest a good meat
cookbook. Bruce Aidells is excellent

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0395904927/o/qid=974595881/sr=8-1/ref
=aps_sr_b_1_3/102-8136407-2798556

Except for ground meat you buy already ground, if you are worried about
bacteria all you really have to do in general is sear the meat. Pork and
poultry should be cooked beyond this. A good meat thermometer is handy

--Richard