From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:55:37 -0700
Hello,

On Monday, 2November Peter Brandt included this stimulating quote from
Loren Cordain:

>>" Obviously, low to moderate amounts >>of cereal grains in the diet
present little >>or no health problems to most people."

Its not obvious to me.  I look at modern man and see a sickly animal.
IMO there are too many diseases, too much suffering and life
expectancy
is too short.  We are doing something wrong with our lifestyles. IMO
there is a decent chance that is related to our diet.

These comments remind me of ones made by Eaton who is always bending
over backwards not to  insult the AMA or modern nutritionalists. Its
important to have a spokesperson like Ray Audette who is not so
willing
to compromise and has the courage to stand up to the status quo.

My objective is to get well.  I have failed to achieve that up to now
but i still believe that when i find the appropriate paleolithic diet
will begin operating at a higher plane--physially, mentally and
emotionally.  Much of this belief is based on the quantum increase in
my
health when i eliminated all grains.

When i hear a statement like the one above it tells me that Cordain
has
also failed to solve the paleolithic diet puzzle and has given up.  It
would be helpful to find out exactly what theories he promoted and
what
diet experiments he tried.

>>We have wandered down a path of >>absolute dependence upon cereal
>>grains, a path from which there is no >>return."

Maybe-maybe not.  Lets not underestimate what mankind is capable of
accomplishing.

Focusing on a process--not on success,
mark