Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:59:18 -0500
Todd Moody wrote: "I certainly believe that paleo diet ought to help the
body to heal from many injuries and insults, but there is simply no evidence
that it can reverse all health problems."

I heartily endorse your position. It is good to hear a rational voice on
this topic. As a veterinarian I often encounter clients who want their pet
treated by only "natural" means. Although many times an illness can be
resolved simply by supporting the patient with nutritional or fluid therapy
and allowing their own defense mechanisms to operate, there are times where
aggressive intervention is warranted to save the pet. The same obviously
holds true in human medicine. In their haste to condemn all things modern,
people often overlook the incredible advances the human species has made
that make life infinitely better and, in some cases, possible.

Steve