From:
Belinda Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:28:26 -0700
Hello, I've been on this list for some time.  Lurking, I think they
call it. :-)

A doctor I saw last summer had me read Cordain's book, and my feeling
at the time was that the logic of the book, namely that we were
genetically programmed to eat the diet of our ancestors, seemed quite
sound.  After reading that book, I went searching for more information
and stumbled onto this group.

Well, today, I just had to share that I have eaten my first bar of
pemmican!!!  It's awesomely yummy!   Since I have not yet had time to
find local supplies for good tallow and learn how to make it myself,
so I'm sort of cheating I suppose by buying it from U.S. Wellness
Meats.   Seems like these days we either have time or we have a job.
I have a job...

They put sea salt in theirs, so it's got a salty, meaty taste to it.
But I confess that I like salt on my meat, so it works for me.

Anyhow, this is my official stake in the ground.  Today, I'm going
zero-carb.  Huzzah!  I may just become a pemmican junkie...

Thanks for having these discussions on this group.  They are helpful,
even if some of us don't contribute very often.  I still read them on
my lunch break.

Cheers,
-Belinda