From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:02:29 +0100
Dear listers

A friend of mine who is severly diabetic is coming around to my house on
wednesday to talk about Paleo. She has to shoot up 5 times a day!!
I want to help her all I can by showing her the way but am reluctant in
this matter.  Does anyone know of similar cases?  If she alters her diet
to Paleo and keeps up using insuline she could die, otoh, if  she stops
taking insuline she could be a goner too.
So any suggestions are welcome here.

Other then that I am proud to announce that both my son Arik and me are
on the wagon again. We've been astray for quite some time and especially
me was going from bad to worse physically.  Only when Arik was no longer
able to drag himself out of bed I decided to do the right thing.  The
first two days were total hell in cold turkey but for the first time in
two years I am able to function properly. Believe it or not, but today I
have sawn wood (with the electric saw) for the stove here.  Something
that was impossible to even think about.  Believe me, sugar does clog up
your brain allright. I wanted to stop eating carbs but was just not able
to.
Sjeesh, this feels like the carb addiction anonymous ;-))
I gotten so fat that I have no idea what to wear anymore.  Somehow the
sugar affected my brain that even time seems to have past in a different
way. It was like I was not really conscious in the time we ate SAD. I
functioned but was not really there if you know what I mean.
So now we are doing much better and also Arik realises he is not going
to be able to live on SAD.  Yesterday I bought Moroccan sausages that we
absolutely love normally and we were not able to eat them.  Even when we
were very hungry at the time, we took one bite and nearly puked. Must be
the MSG in there or something.
And this after only four days!!!

So I want to share this with my diabetic friend because she has RA as
well. Any suggestion on how to approach this is welcome.  Last thing
we'd want is put her into shock or something.  She is so ill it could
literally kill her.

Christy