From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 18:01:05 +0100
 I'd love to know where you found that study re horses and oats- etc./consumption. Thanks
Geoff> Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 11:11:12 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: news items> To: [log in to unmask]> > Happy Birthday, Ro! I love reading your posts, you're the one who helped me> the most when I first started out on Paleo. So have a good one!!!!> > > > -----Original Message-----> From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]> On Behalf Of Ro> Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:31 AM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: news items> =====> > Also, a story appeared yesterday in my news browsing by one of the science> journals (I'll have to go look it up if anyone wants the name) but it> basically said they've found that the old practice of hyping up young horses> on oats, barley, molasses, and other grains is counterproductive. They> used to think it gave the horses extra energy for the training, and it gave> them that glossy coat and bright eyes that people liked to see. But a> careful study recently revealed that hmmmm....it seemed that the horses who> had all the grains/sugar were anxious and restive, were more unstable> mounts, and were less responsive to the critical first stages of training> than the more 'placid' horses who only had grass and hay. The latter> responded better to training and made calmer mounts.> > Go figure.
Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571440/direct/01/