From:
Deborah Birkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:40:01 -0400
Christy,

I stayed at Bock's Bed and Breakfast in SF - it was absolutely wonderful.
Clean, spacious and very affordable, especially for San Francisco. It's a
couple of blocks from Golden Gate Park on a quiet residential street; close
to at least two different bus lines. It's not a very long trip to any of
the major attractions or neighbourhoods in SF (which isn't that large,
area-wise). Laura Bock, the owner, makes really delicious breakfasts
(served in a dining room with a gorgeous city view) and is very hospitable.
There are only three rooms so you might find she's already booked up. Also,
the last I checked, she doesn't take credit cards; you need to send two
nights' deposit in advance. The house is completely non-smoking. Ask for
the Mary Ellen room; it has a private bath and a private deck with a
fabulous view of SF.

Caveats, depending on your atttudes: It's usually listed in the "Gay and
Lesbian Hotels" section of  guidebooks; I suppose this might "bother" some
people. Also, it's not in the middle of any action, like tourist sites,
shopping districts, whatever. Personally, that's a drawing card for me, but
some people want to be right next to Fisherman's Wharf or whatever.

Contact info: 1448 Willard Street, SF, California, 94117, 415-664-6842.

Hope this helps!

Deborah