From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:26:23 -0600
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:10:39 -0600, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Note:  Some people will jump in and say how they lost fat and gained
> muscle at the same time when they went to lowcarb or paleo.  I think
> this can happen in certain circumstances, but not to bodybuilders who
> are already beyond their natural genetic limits for muscle mass (thanks
> to steroids).

Indeed it can and does happen in some circumstances.  Usually this is
associated with either someone new to training, or to someone coming back
after a long layoff.  People who are past the beginner stage seldom
accomplish both at once.  As for people on steroids, well...  I'd be
surprised to learn any of them were following a paleo diet.  It seems
rather silly to follow a health-optimizing diet if you're intentionally
polluting your body with known dangerous substances.

--
   Robert Kesterson