From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 10:44:41 MST
Stacie,

>PS for the record, olive oil blended with toasted pine nuts and garlic
>makes
>a delicious "butter". (add fresh basil and you have pesto)

Oh, man, that sounds good.  I'm shooting for 1200 kcal/day, moderate
protein, high fat, low carb (mostly greens).  Pesto on 4 oz salmon or
chicken would please my tastebuds and fit The Plan.  Am I correct in
assuming you gring the pine nuts?  Please let me know and I'll give it a go.
  Thanks!

As for good fats, try coconut oil.  If you push the envelope and bake nut
flour goodies, it makes an awesome shortening, although good ol' lard does,
too.  Soften it up and I hear coconut oil is great for your skin, too.  I
plan on trying this myself, as Denver always leaves my skin thirsty.  Rachel
Matesz has posted info on good fats before and I'm sure she'll do it again.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

P.S.  Is anybody else as dumbfounded by the prez race and it's see-saw
affect as me?  What a great ride!  For a giggle, email me privately and I'll
send you a list of stupid euphamisms used by Dan Rather last night.
Example: "Bush tore through Texas like a tornado through a trailer park."
Too sweet!