Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:51:29 -0700
> Sounds like you are convinced that eating a purist paleo diet makes a person disease-proof and/or necessarily healthier than people who eat other types of diets.

Remembering that I choose to deviate from purist paleo on occasion, the second part of your statement is correct.  It is the healthiest diet, hands down.  Dairy is the perfect example of dietary evolutionary mismatch.  As I said earlier, there's a pretty strong case that it causes cancer.  But last time I checked the mortality rate was still stuck at 100%, so maybe we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much if every single one of our choices isn't spot on paleo perfection.  But don't kid yourself that other newfangled ways of eating are superior to the way we've been eating for 2.5 million years on this big blue ball.

Jim