From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 15:21:04 -0400
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Andy wrote:

> Fred Hatfield calls this the zigzag diet, details of which can be found on his
> site at :-
>
> http://www.drsquat.com/articles/zig.htm
>
> This is not a paleo link, however.

It certainly isn't.  Still, it is similar to the strategy that I
outlined.  The zigzag concept may itself be paleo, in that it
makes sense that we should be optimized to take advantage of
short-term changes in the food supply.

I have to say that I have probably been spontaneously zigzagging
on the Anchell diet.  I go through lean periods when, as Rachel
indicated, the food choices are just too boring and I don't eat
as much.  Then I get hungry and want to eat a lot, boring or not,
for a few days.  Maybe this is how I managed to add muscle while
losing weight this summer.  Just guessing.

Todd Moody