From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 06:16:53 -0800
Okay, but what if science only acknowledges that which can be seen?  What was that line from Hamlet....."there are more things in heaven and earth, Geoffrey, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
 Factor in faith, and it obfuscates clean science.  I know plenty of astrophysicists who go to church regularly.  Some things just defy the scientific process, and if they do, does that mean they don't exist?

Please don't call me any names, here.  I am just stepping into the fray briefly in this discussion thread as I feel moved to contribute.

Do you remember when accupuncture first was divulged to the Western world?  The idea that invisible, unscientifically proven energy fields could criss cross the body like a condensed road map, and somehow be tweaked to provide relief, cures, etc was unfathomable by Western Science.   The fact that this type of "medicine" was thousands of years old was even more fantastic, as compared to Western medicine which is only hundreds of years old.   I remember as a kid watching someone in I think Nixon's cabinet  who got appendicitis while in China, and had to have an emergency appendectomy using ONLY accupuncture needles for pain management without anesthesia....  HE was awake and in no pain during the procedure.  it was unimaginable.

How could barefoot doctors have figured out such a thing?

So, I try to keep an open mind that allows healing from all modalities, including following a paleo diet, using Western medicine for their diagnostic capabilities but not necessarily  their prescriptive advice, and asking G-d for help when the yearly tax bill comes in the mail.

Be well,
Batsheva