From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 07:37:38 -0500
On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, alexs wrote:

> But you don't seem to get that technology cannot provide the
> answer to why humans eat & live self-destructively.

Surely part of the answer is that agriculture, while keeping
people at a lower level of health than hunting and gathering,
supports them in much greater numbers.

> Ray, Todd
> and some others on this list are primarily philosophers: the Paleo
> WOL/WOE is the philosophical core, backed by some degree of scientific
> theorization, for a non-technological solution-by-advoidance/
> reversion.

That's a good way to put it.

> >Robyn (MS anthropology, University of Chicago, 1979)
>
> Please don't go throwing your title around. It's in bad taste,
> pretentious, and weakens your overall argument.

I disagree.  There's no reason for Robyn (or anyone else) to
conceal her education.  I'm sure she worked hard for her degree
and it is not "throwing it around" to announce it.  Furthermore,
the area in which she got that degree (anthropology, not Chicago)
is relevant to what we discuss here, so it hardly weakens her
argument to mention it.

Todd Moody