From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:36:43 -0400
On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Madeline Mason wrote:

> In a message dated 5/26/02 4:00:24 PM,  Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
>
> A key digestive difference between humans and dogs is stomach
> acid levels, with dogs producing much more.  At least one
> function of stomach acid is thought to be the destruction of
> bacteria and parasites.  Also, in at least this particular the
> "blood type" diet theory is correct: people with type A blood
> have lower levels of stomach acid than those with type O blood.
> This would make them less able to tolerate carrion, I think.  I'm
> less sure whether it has any implications for aged or fermented
> foods.
>
> The
> endoscopy showed extremely severe esophageal inflammation from acid reflux
> disease- this despite the fact that type "A"s are supposed to have less
> stomach acid.

That As have less stomach acid that Os is apparently true, but
that doesn't mean that As don't have enough to cause reflux, or
to digest meat.  This is a case where D'Adamo, in my opinion,
takes a true premise and draws a questionable conclusion.  But it
does make sense that less stomach acid would make digesting
carrion a problem.  But that's my conjecture, not D'Adamo's.

Todd Moody