Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:45:24 -0400
-I just got a dozen DHA Omega 3 Rich eggs.  They are from Cage free birds.
The brand we got at our health food store is called GOLD CIRCLE FARMS.  Each
omega 3 rich egg contains 150 milligrams of DHA.
The eggs have 6x more vitamin e than conventional eggs.  Like the free range
eggs we've been acquainted with for years, these have yolks which are more
bright orange than eggs from conventional battery raised chickens and taste
a lot better than anemic supermarket eggs too.

My husband and just tried  them this morning with our usual leafy greens and
fruit.  The yolks are very golden, a good sign.  They don't taste different
from the *free range* health food store eggs, but the yolks are little more
orange.  These eggs sell for $3.15 per dozen--they didn't mark them up as
much as the wholeslae company suggested--at $4 a dozen I don't think they'd
sell many.

Even if you can't afford to buy omega-3 rich eggs at $4 a dozen, if you buy
free range eggs and then spoon cod liver oil on some salad or cooked greens
each day, you can get a lot of those good fatty acids. I would not pay $4 a
dozen for the eggs, but at almost the same cost as free range eggs we've
been  buying, I'd probably keep buying them..... unless/until I can get some
chicken or duck eggs straight from a farmer again (this summer and fall at
the farmers' market!!)

Rachel
(rambling.... gotta go now!)