From:
Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 11:26:25 -0500
From: "Amadeus Schmidt"
> How much percent of blood cells are made new within 21
> days anyway?

Welcome home, Amadeus!

Maybe I can answer this.  I think red blood cells have a lifespan of 6 days,
so there's a 100% turnover rate every six days.  This means that the daily
turnover rate is 1/6 or 16.66666. Rounded up, approximately 17% of red blood
cells die and are replaced each day.  (The lifespan of white blood cells
depends, I'm pretty sure, on what specialized kind they are.)  Somebody jump
in and correct me if I'm wrong.

> I think to be useful we should be able to know about the rest of the
> "habitual" diet in the study.

Oh, probably pretty SAD, I would guess.  <g>