From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:01:01 -0400
On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Ilya wrote:
> The one he described was all I had to go on.

Barry described two diets.  The one he gained weight on was "all
unprocessed meat."  Depending on the meat source, however, this
might still have been relatively high in protein and low in fat.

> > Usually?  If the carbs are as low as you recommend, and the
> > protein is appropriate, then the bulk of calories must come from
> > fat.
> I said usually because sometimes people just drop calories to 1200 (or even
> lower, even when doing low carb) thus the total amount of fat isn't all that
> high. I have seen more than one person attempt a low carb/low fat/low calorie
> diet just because they are too conditioned by the popular opinion to eat
> enough fat. On 1200 calories /day and 150gm of protein and 50gm of carbs you
> get 600 calories from protein 200 from carbs and only 400 from fat - not
> a high fat diet.

That's a good point.  I think a diet like that would be very
difficult to maintain for very long, but I suppose people do it.

Todd Moody