From:
Kenneth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:00:52 -0500
An addendum to my last post on the acid/alkaline guide.  I should have
emphasized again that grains, dairy products and meat give a net acid
load in the body, and vegetables and fruits produce alkaline loads. To
be healthy we want the acid-alkaline balance leaning more toward the
alkaline. For example, diets rich in fruits and vegetables
significantly reduced urinary calcium loss in men and women in a John
Hopkins study (Dr Appel) reported in the New England Journal of
Medicine.

Ken