From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:22:19 -0700
On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:42:26 -0500 Chris Issariotis <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I have been drinking a tea made by boiling cinnamon sticks with
> water. I
> also drink it cold and it tastes great. In the Middle East this is
> popular drink. I don't know what minerals are in cinnamon but I feel
> good
> after I drink this.

When my hubby and I were on the cruise 2 weeks ago, there were many
Indian families also enjoying the cruise.  They has obviously called in
for special diets to accommodate their food preference.  One I noticed
was cinnamon tea.  The smell was so delightful I just had to ask one of
them what they were sipping.  Exactly as your recipe noted, boiled water
with a cinnamon stick.  Some with honey some without.  Some with lemon,
some added curry.   One woman who speak English very well said it helps
detox the system and gives them all perfect complexions.  Couldn't argue
there, they all had beautiful skin.

Trish