From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 18:14:06 -0700
Hi again Mary!!!

> My son is a lot more focussed/alert on the stone age (fats/protein) diet.
> Even a small amount of carbs, and you lose him. Carbs nourish yeast/bad
> bacteria, their toxins give him brain fog.

It looks like you're going the right direction then.

> Anyway, the only downside is he has episodes of irritability on this diet.

That is definitely something that I'd look into.

> Could this be an adjustment to no carb, or a vitamin/mineral deficiency of
> some kind? I can't abandon this diet as the improvement is simply too
> dramatic, in almost all areas.

I think it could be but I'd need to know what you're feeding him and
he's eating on a daily basis.  From what it seems like it that he's
getting a lot of Meat but not Organs and if you didn't happen to know
this the Phosphorous:Calcium Ratio is 30:1 and so by eating so much Meat
and getting No Organs which are Balanced and 1:1 not only is he not
getting enough Calcium but could be leaching out a lot of the Calcium he
does have and is getting.  I had this same problem with my Cats when I
wasn't able to get Raw Milk for awhile and I was only Feeding them Meat
and Liver and Liver is also 30:1 and has the same problem as Meat and so
I finally got a Great Calcium Supplement that is even better than Bone
Meal that they would have gotten if they were in the Wild.

Another Big Problem I think that you might want to look into is Why On
Earth Do You Cook Everything So Much, haven't you ever heard that Paleo
Man ate quite a lot of his Food Raw?  I mentioned this before and I
definitely think that Too Much Cooked Food could also be a Problem with
you and Your Son and you might want to take a look at that.  I eat
basically All my Meat and Organs Raw and I found that I feel better than
I have since my 20's and I think you should try it or at least take a
look at it.  You'd still be Paleo but just Not All Cooked.  I know of a
lot of Raw Fooders and their Children who eat All Raw and if you want to
know more and talk to others that eat RAF - Raw Meat and Organs - you
might want to talk with them and get some good feedback that might help
or assist you.  Drop me and E-Mail and I'll give you my number and we
can talk and I'll see who I can get you in touch with if you'd want.

> Thanks for any ideas,

Your Welcome!!! - :)!!!

> He is eating a lot of pemmican made with pork fat and dried turkey, ostrich,
> or venison, some pork rinds,  a little canned salmon, some peppermint tea,
> occasionally some shrimp/crab, etc. I stopped the shell fish thinking that
> might be the cause, but no, it was not. I don't give any supplements right
> now as I can't tell for sure if they have starch or other fillers in them.

Cooked, Cooked, Cooked, Cooked, Cooked, and Cooked.  I'm personally
against Supplements except for one kind that are Organic Food Grown
Vitamins and Minerals and there's only one Company in the World that
makes them, all the other 13 Companies in the World, 6 of which are in
the United States, are all basically Synthetic or Free Form and not
Bioavailable.  The one I get though is actually a Food and so very
different and therefore okay and works Really Great.  I myself take it
when I can't get Raw Milk or am not having enough Cheese or something.
So like I said before you and your Son might not be getting enough
Calcium etc. on the Cooked Paleo Diet you seem to be on now.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you soon and hope I can help and
assist you in your Quest and Journey to Total Health and Vitality.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!