From:
Jonas Amoson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:30:58 +0100
Anyone out there following a diet being "mostly" paleo, but with
whole grain products and other occasional "cheatings"? Ofcourse,
from what I understand, some people get ill, but does this apply
to all of you?

   Without any experience of what going completely paleo will
do for me and my body, I am thinkering with what benefits a
mixed diet might bring. Could it be that a mixed diet will
lessen the impact faced when eating other "non-paleo" food?

   My mother who always has struggled to keep her weight,
is now trying a (some-sort-of) paleo-inspired diet programme,
banning potatoes and white bread (because of their high GI)
but allowing pasta, raw rice and whole-grain bread. Sugar
is as well not permitted. [this is not at all an complete
description of the programme]. She is doing very fine on
this diet, much better than on here former diet, that is.

Is there a best of two worlds, or is the world really painted
in black and white? what do you think?

Regards,
Jonas Amoson
Sweden