From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:41:24 -0700
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 01:58:33 -0700, Mike MacLeod <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have to say that the Paleo list is the least supportive support list I've
>ever seen, with the people falling into various heterogenous groups with
>more or less of an agenda - the Correct Thinking Tough Guys, the Gaia Uber
>Alles, the Sick and Desperate, and -possibly a group of one, me - the Fat
>Slob(s).

And I have to say that this is evidence of the strength of this list.

This is one of the most civil discussion groups on the Internet, and
yet often
people express entirely opposing views.

And, it is the only place where people are consistently looking for
the truth -
regardless of what the effect on their current views and practices.

A good example is the discussion of the "Anchell" Diet - which has
principles
entirely at right angles to the "Paleo" Diet.   Yet, everyone seemed
interested
in finding out if it were true and whether it worked....

Cheers,

Ken                         <*>

"... 99% of what people know was imparted from descriptions
other people have given them..." - David A.Lindauer