From:
Madeline Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:51:27 EDT
OK folks, I'm a mostly lurker here, about to jump on the Anchell bandwagon
myself. I ordered the book a few weeks ago, but it won't be shipped for
another couple of weeks and I'm getting impatient waiting. I appreciate the
patience of other listers who have a copy and are willing to answer questions
and share information while the rest of us wait for our books to arrive. I
understand the basic principle to be, eat 3 animal protein meals a day, with
a second, non-meat course consisting of an average serving of one of the
following:
potato, sweet potato, rice, grapes, watermelon, pear, 1/2 grapefruit,
blueberries, raspberries, or banana.
Is that the entire list? Are oils or butter allowed? Does anyone know why one
couldn't have strawberries instead of raspberries? or the banana? Or
cantaloupe instead of watermelon? Does he give any recommendations as to how
long one should stay on this kind of restrictive diet? Should one cycle on
and off, if one has a lot of weight to lose? I don't like bananas and wonder
what the higher carb foods would do to my hypoglycemia, which is well
controlled on sortof combination Atkins/Paleo program. (Lower carb. fruits
and veggies like Atkins and nearly no dairy like Paleo- also no grains, beans
or sugars). But my weight loss is measured in ounces, and at this rate I'll
lose the necessary 70 pounds or so by the time I hit the Century mark! Thanks
in advance.
Maddy Mason