From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 17:45:50 +1000
At 14:06 +1000 16/12/1998, Ilya wrote:

>Richard Archer wrote:
>> The theory I'm following at present is that the human body is an amazingly
>> effective but fragile filter.
>
>I think you might be assuming this without any real justification. An equal,
>if not more plausible explanation, is that people all started out as either
>allergic or sensitive to some foods. Then, as a partucular culture used
>that food, over centuries the members that were more sensitive died out.
>So what you have now is some genetic variation amongst people that is greater
>than what we had during paleo times. This does not mean that the people
>living today are totally adapted to these non-paleo foods. Just their
>sensitivity tends to be much less.

We're coming to the same conclusions from opposite ends. I've started
looking at reports of sensitivities and allergies (especially Candida and
Celiac), and found evolution to be the reason for these sensitivities, and
the Paleo Diet to be the 'cure'.

You've started at the beginning with a Paleo diet, and followed human
evolution to it's current status.

We're both on this list, and so we're preaching to the converted. I've
tried selling Paleo to friends/family, and they all think I'm a little
whacko. I'll show them by having great health and outliving them all :)

 ...Richard.