Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:33:29 +0100
>and I find it very unfortunate, Dave,
>when as listowner you are throwing around your weight trying to protect
>and defend this man

I am weighing in on the side of an open list where the discussion centers
around _Paleothin_ and related topics, whatever the topic.  Some topics
are taboo though, it seems.   I don't like to see anyone on this list
treated the way some have been treated here recently, including the
antagonists in the recent play, myself included.   Bernarr can post as he
wants.  So should others post as they want.   The listowner has been sober
in his infrequent and pertinent posts to the list up to now.  That is
until his recent preferential treatment of Bernarr and his selective
treatment of others on the list on the same issue in an opposite way.   I
am concerned that we will have more list casualities.  (maybe a little
dramatic irony here?  hope not)

Conflict?  Good!  T'is life!, as my Christian Scientist maternal
grandmother would say.  I'd be happy happy happy if the personalized
granola was minimized and the meat of the matter discussed, argued,
bantered about.  But this is impossible if one person is allowed speak and
others are not allowed to speak.

Thomas  (with ISP takeover problems, thinking about AOL or Earthlink for a
stable email connection)

p.s.  I responded to a post that attacked me instead of what I was saying;
the post came back saying I exceeded the four message limit.   A wakeup
call maybe.