From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:44:10 -0700
> >>I'm at 8% of body fat at the moment.
> >
> >As measured by what method?
>
> I don't know the name they just put a few electrodes to my legs and
> hands.
> It was supposed to measure my overbody fat not only underskin fat.
> It gave
> the composition of muscules, fat, water, etc.

I've had my body fat tested 4 different ways.  Calliper skin folds 21%,
electrodes on my upper arms and legs  19%, body fat standing
scale**measures weight and body fat at the same time**  23%, and floating
in water 23%.   Note the electrode one showed me with less body fat,
while the others showed me with more.  Of course this doesn't mean
anything, depends on the equipment, where they attached the electrodes,
etc.
Since out of 4 came back with the measurement, I am going with 23%.
Which is fine with me beings how before paleo eating I was at 47%!!  I
lost 20lbs with neanderthin, then switched to Phil's paleo body building
diet. It's still paleo, just less fat intake.  It helped me to lose
another 30lbs.  Having my thyroid fixed, (remember I am the one with
Graves Disease)  helped me to lose another 10lbs.
BTW, I am not in remission with my thyroid yet, within a year I should
be, but every day gets better and better =o]   I have been paleo eating
for 1 1/2 years off and on.

Trish