From:
Ella Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 14:06:36 -0400
I've been lurking on the lowcarb list and discovered a method alot of
them are using called ECA stacking to keep their weight loss moving
when they hit their plateaus.  Its highly controversial, alot of flame
wars over whether it is safe and effective or not.  The method consists
of taking Ephedra 20 mg., Caffeine 200 mg., and Aspirin 81 mg., 2 - 3x
a day.  Some have gone through the trouble to post some scientific medical
research on the list concerning the subject. Evidently, the amount
indicated in the formula, is not dangerous as observed by clinical studies,
and steady weight loss, stabilization of HDL, as well as lower
triglicerides resulted.  I will not go into alot of technical information
about it, its there on the LCarb archives list page, but what I wanted to
know is - whether any Paleo experts would consider this herbal method of
supplementation as "paleo" or not?  It consists of natural herbal
ingredients, if you use willow bark for aspirin, and green tea for
caffeine.  It seems to help alot of the LC folks stay at a weight loss
momentum.  I think you can get the natural versions of this combination
at the health food store prepackaged by some of the body building/weight
loss companies, (i.e., Twinlabs, Weder). What do you all think?

Cheers,
Ella M