From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:06:03 -0600
Anita Dittmar <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I eat raw tenderloin now and then (I LOVE a good steak tartare!) but have
> never tried anything else.  What meats exactly do you eat raw?

Beef and lamb often, fish weekly (tuna and wild salmon I love, also
white fish like sole and cod and halibut), chicken and turkey, oysters
perhaps a few times a month.  Wild meat when I can get it, esp. trout.  I
have also tried raw chicken and turkey liver.

> Do they get
> any preparation at all?

Sometimes lemon juice, homemade mayonnaise.  I usually try to eat the
meat with fat, like coconuts or butter.

> Where do you buy your meat so that you can ensure
> quality?

This is a tough one.  I like to get fresh meat, so I often just buy it
from the supermarket.  A lot of the beef I eat is not organic and is
grain fed.  During the summer I got some fresh local chicken, and
during Thanksgiving (Canadian) I ate some free range turkey.  Oh, and
there is a great local fish store near me, which has fresh tuna and
wild salmon in season.

jana