From:
Elisa Mehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:11:08 -0700
Hello-

I have recently started eating paleolithically and feel really good.  I
always knew that wheat and corn affected me
(I actually felt high if I ate enough of it), but was vegetarian for 10+
years.  Then I found out about the Eat Right For Your Type O blood type
diet and started eating meat again and began feeling better, but it does
include carbohydrate rich foods like sweet potatoes and such, and I
still would get tired and enervated.  When I  found out about low-carb
eating recently, that was the trick for me.  I feel great.  Not sleepy
or moody and not bloated anymore.

In light of making my diet most like that of my ancestors, I wanted to
start eating meat that is completely pasture raised.  What is the
difference between grass-fed and grass-finished meats?  Different
companies use both terms.

I live in San Francisco, CA and am thinking about purchasing some purely
grass fed meat.  I am willing to buy up to a side of meat and then store
it in the freezer.  Does anyone on the list know of a good place within
a day's drive of the Bay Area for purchasing grass-fed meat?  I found a
few places off the "WHY GRASSFED IS BEST!" eatwild.com website, but
wondered if any of you had actually used them. I am also looking for
poultry too.  Also if any one on this list is in the Bay Area it's be
great to talk about where to get good food stuffs.

I also remember some threads aobut Laura's/Laurie's Beef whic is lean,
but is that grass fed?  And is there a URL or contact info?

Thanks so much for any information.

-Elisa