From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:42:42 -0700
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000 14:58:56 -0400, gordon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've found that MaxEPA is the best fish oil supplement. It's not cod liver
>oil, but for EPA and DHA it is much more potent than cod liver oil. It
>tastes great by the spoonful. It has a fresh minty flavor only barely
>reminiscent of fish.

You can get capsules of MaxEPA on the "Twinlab - Dale Alexander" brand.  These
have no fishy taste later. :-)

Twinlab's Dale Alexander sub-brand also has an "Omega-3 Concentrate" fish oil
capsules.   These give more EPA per dollar, and are the ones that I use.   But,
if they stopped making those, I would use the MaxEPA ones.

Both are partially protected from rancidity by Vitamin E added.   I refrigerate
all fish oil capsules as soon as I receive them.

What the Eades refer to is the fact that store and distributors don't
refrigerate fish oil capsules, and sometimes stock can sit for months or years,
if the particular item (no matter how good) is not particular at that particular
store (not unusual for fish oil is the store is primarily shopped by vegans).

Usually that rancidity is detectable immediately upon opening the bottle (a wave
of very fishy smell).

PS In regards to the Zone capsules, I found them to be fishy, whereas the Dale
Alexander products never are.   I also found the Zone bars [not Paleo, btw!] to
make me immediately hungry, the opposite of the designed effect.   It is also
interesting that Dr. Sears no longer has any connection with these products (on
the "Zone Perfect" label).  All this leads me to believe that the Zone products
don't actually live up to the standards of the Zone theory.

--
Cheers,

Ken