Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:47:58 -0400
Emiliano Bussolo wrote:

> The point - as far as I've understood - is that pemmican, if properly
>  prepared (very low temp dehydration and rendering), should maintain
> the same qualities of raw meat. + it keeps for longer and it is more
> convenient.
>
> I must admit I myself can't comprehend the pemmican-craze that sweeps
> many paleo\raw sites...

Comprehension may follow if you are aware of the report of a Dr. Harris
of the PaNu website; he mentioned that there is an allergen in beef
blood which is neutralized by drying meat. IIRC it was something to do
with albumin.
So for those sensitive to this allergen there is finally something that
actually qualifies as food after the Hippocratic definition.

William