From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2012 12:47:43 -0900
My turkey gets stuffed with Polish Sausage Stuffing...recipe from a
college friend's mom who was born in Poland.  Irena made this stuffing
the year I was invited to Thanksgiving at their house, and it's been a
favorite ever since, even before I was paleo.  What carnivore wouldn't
like stuffing a bird with meatloaf?  The basics are equal amounts of
breakfast sausage and ground pork, onion, celery, a Granny Smith apple,
and enough eggs to hold it all together.  I've tried different meats
when I've had moose or buffalo, and one year even used moose Italian
sausage, which was different, but still tasty.  I don't have any moose
sausage this year, but have a pound of burger, so will sub moose for
part of the ground pork.

The breakfast sausage has about the same seasonings as most traditional
stuffing recipes, so additional spices aren't needed. And the stuffing
bastes the bird from the inside out!  I made a turducken one Christmas
and used this stuffing between the birds. It was awesome!

I will serve a fruit salad and a spinach/smoked salmon green salad, plus
lots of hot dishes.  I do fudge on paleo with dairy products in some
side dishes and add sweetener to desserts, but I do lots of different
veggies and definitely stay grain-free.  Did I mention I tend to go
overboard for Thanksgiving?  I started the prep work on Sunday, and I
will eat very well for the entire holiday weekend, which is my annual
Christmas-gift jelly-making extravaganza.  I need enough leftovers so
that I don't need to cook anything once the jelly process starts because
it's too much equipment to move off the stove to cook anything new.  I
have enough berries picked this year to do about 17 cases of wild
Alaskan fruit jellies, so it definitely takes the rest of the weekend.
Happy Turkey Day!

Lisa in Alaska