From:
Janet Hacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 11:29:44 -0500
On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 15:47:44 -0400, Kathleen Lunson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>And my list of safe fruits is different than yours.  The one fresh fruit
on which i have no control is bananas.  I also find that dried fruits are
dangerous for me.  All perfectly paleo.

I have lots of fruit in the house as well.  I'm growing watermelon and I
love watermelon.  I love the yellow (blonde?) cherries, apples, bananas,
strawberries, mango, and nectarines.  Cutting down on fruit would surely
help me lose weight, but it's very hard for me to do!

>it is also one of the reasons that I look on coffee skeptically, no, i
know it's not a legume, but yes it does require fire, Ray certainly didn't
consider it paleo.
>Bottom line?......it's damn hard for most people to give up.  That's the
red flag of addiction, IMHO, and reason enough to suspect and intolerance.
>It's not just the caffeine, either, although that is very addictive,
because apparently it's just as hard to give up decaf.

I have not been able to give up coffee at all.  I know it probably wreaks
havoc with insulin levels (is that right?), but that is the one vice I do
have - and I didn't give it up the first time I did Neanderthin and I will
probably still drink it now... I know I'm bad!  Janet