From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:54:52 -0500
Lorenzo wrote:
> Based on the above my conclusion is that primitives living
> near the seashore had all the seafood they could possibly
> eat.  And based on what we know of American Natives and
> other Primitives,  the smart ones lived very well indeed.
> And that a great deal of confusion exists today because
> speculation is often used  in an area where huge amounts of
> empirical data are  available in the local library.

Very interesting stories.

Obviously some paleo people lived on fish. But just as obviously many didn't
and certainly most  didn't live on cold water fish, right?

So the question is how paleo people got their omega 3 fatty acids. I think
most people in this group would agree that was either 1) body fats and organ
meat from animals, or 2) insects perhaps (not sure of their fat composition
though) or 3) leafy green veggies (there was a thread about purslane's omega
3 fatty acid content a while back) or 4) seeds

[A bigger question is how kids like mine get *their* essential omega 3 fatty
acids...McDonalds french fries contain very little :-) ]

It seems very easy to get Omega 6 fats in abundance, but Omega 3s are not so
easy to this modern day paleo person...

--Richard