From:
Wayne Wynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2009 22:16:39 -0700
I see the list as about a diet that scientific evidence indicates humans
ate for a very long time and were healthier when they did. Diet is not
the only factor in that health, but a significant one and one worth
exploring.

Whether we "evolved" or not is a theory and secondary. This is a slight
departure from Cordain who says (correct me if I am wrong) that humans
"evolved" the way we did partly because of the diet that was available
to us.

It all boils down to what to eat today, for one's health. There are the
general notions and for each individual some particular variations.

This list concentrates on scientific evidence from paleontology. As
science is not static, conclusions may change, and are therefore open to
challenge. An example is the evaluation of bones to determine the age of
people when they died. If a scientist says the person was 40 because
their bones were similar to a forty-year-old today, that could be an
error. Maybe their bones at a much older age were as good as ours at 40.

Does anyone know of an advance in the way the age of the deceased is
determined. All we find is bones, so I imagine it would be tough to find
an alternative to the "health" or "equivalent current age" of the bones
but maybe another factor that has been found.

-Wayne