From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 08:32:38 +1000
 >That doesn't necessarily mean that taking vitamin C alone is >safe, which
you surely agree upon, so playing around with it in >it's pure form still
constitutes a risk, as long as we don't have a >complete knowledge of the
human body.

but in that case we would not do anything.  the risk is very acceptable
considering the amount of studies done [from Linus Pauling onwards].

there are also some high natural sources of vitamin c..acerola and
malphigia, surinam cherries, amla in india. you could get 2-3 grams of
ascorbate from these.

it depends whether you want to follow pure paleo as an ideology, or whether
you want to achieve the best health status you can get.  but as you eat
liver, kidney etc, your need for supplements would be much less than mine.
the day i can eat liver without having to swallow a litre of vodka to kill
the taste i will cut back on supplements.

andrew