Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 22:00:02 -0700
Karl Mac Mc Kinnon wrote:

> raw in the inside, but I can't help finding cold meat slightly
> unapitizing.  Now, I either choke it down cold, or ruin it by nuking it

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------Karl:
1. Can you use other than frying pan?? Do you have a grilled fry pan??
   Do you have a broiler or a toaster oven with broiler setting?   I
find pan fried steaks to be tougher and not as tasty as broiled.
   The toaster oven broiling produces a tender, tasty steak,
cooked       pretty well on inside without charring outside, and
requiring little    attention.

2. If you are confined to frying pan..you have it too hot if the
outside    is getting done and leaving inside cold.  Try lowering the
temp a bit    till you find optimum heat level. If you feel you MUST
sear the    outside, then do that quickly but then lower the temp to
finish    cooking.