From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:57:18 -0700
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 21:03:13 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Ken Stuart wrote:
>
>> You can overdose on both Vit. A and Vit. D by taking enough cod liver oil to get
>> enough EPA to counteract years of SAD diet (cf  Udo Erasmus' book).
>
>In this instance, Mary is specifically interested in the vitamin
>A content, rather than the EFAs.

Ah, I had read the shorter post first ! :-)

So, if I am right, the reference is:

> After two and one
>half months of taking vitamin A and D in cod liver oil, my son announced,
>"I can read now. The letters don't jump around on the page anymore."

If you read carefully, this and the other references, you will see that the
language strongly implies that cod liver oil is being used as a base for
specific forms of Vitamin A.

I'm not sure that you can replicate the treatment by just taking cod liver oil
(although it is generally beneficial).

--
Cheers,

Ken