From:
Phosphor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:41:24 +0300
......two hamburger
> patties and salad for lunch....the lethargy returns.   What's
> up with this?    The salad was leaf lettuce, tomato, and cuke....
> with an olive oil dressing....nothing I can see there to make me
> sleepy.

olive oil is a suspect, it is extremely high in salicylates.  It may be good
for Greeks, it doesnt mean its good for you.

> Also....what do you all know about hyperinsulemia (sp?)
> Is there some connection?   One source I read said that
> Type II diabetes should be called hyperinsulemia....Huh?
> I had a GTT for diabetes last summer and the doctor said
> I was not diabetic but hyperinsulemic.......what the heck
> does that mean?

hyperinsulinemia is the production of high insulin to deal with the excess
[for you] amount of carbs being consumed.  Type 2 diabetes is when the
pancreas starts falling short in the required insulin output so blood sugar
rises. if your pancrease is strong enough then you will get heart disease
and kidney failure instead from the high insulin levels.

  He never could explain it in simple
> terms........does all this mean I'm doomed to become
> diabetic as my father is?

not doomed, you just have to eat protein and fat instead and cut down
drastically on all carbs. Forget about having baked potatoes, carrots, and
peas.

Andrew