From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 09:57:34 -0400
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> As we learn't from Loren Cordaine, red meat as it occurs in nature
> (out of the arctis) is unsuitable for human consumption.
> Because the protein amounts become toxic.

Actually, Amadeus, that isn't exactly what we learn from Cordain.
What we learn is that the in many climates animal foods *must* be
supplemented with energy from plant sources.  This is not at all
the same as saying that red meat is unsuitable for human
consumption.  It may strike us as wasteful to kill an animal and
leave more than half of its carcass to the dogs or to scavengers;
it probably doesn't bother the dogs or the scavengers.

Todd Moody