From:
Richard Keene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 13:13:15 -0600
Notes on the switch from vegetarianism...

The mental dissonance for the first two weeks was quite bad.  After
being entrenched in the vegetarian-is-good thought patterns
for so long it took some reprogramming to change.

I also got a lot of arguments from my wife, until it became
obvious that I was loosing weight and the "beer gut" was
going away fast.

The great plus has been much better mental balance, lack
of panic attacks, depression, and mmod swings.
Also the physical energy level is amazing. Though I'm
still tired all of the time, not enough sleep, 6 children,
2.5 hour commute, job, etc.

Any way, it's worth it.

R. Keene