From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:53:03 +0000
Well actually it doesn't say that, but it does tell me I'm probably
deficient of most vital nutrients and I won't last long if I am.

I went on World's Healthiest Foods (hoho) at http://www.whfoods.com/
foodadvisor.php and entered a reasonable weekly diet for me
(difficult, because they lump foods together which are really
separate, eg milk and eggs).

Here are my results:

> "Approximately 49% of your total day's calories appear to be coming
> from foods that are not as nutritionally dense as the World's
> Healthiest Foods. These other foods may include fast foods, pre-
> packaged foods, processed foods, fried foods and sweets. To keep
> your nutrient intake in a generally safe zone we recommend that
> this percentage be no more than 25%."
>
> Nutrients numbers indicate probability of deficiency
> 95% copper
> 94% vitamin a
> 92% folate
> 91% vitamin e
> 90% thiamin b1
> 90% pantothenic acid
> 90% manganese
> 90% vitamin d
> 88% calcium
> 83% iron
> 79% dietary fiber
> 69% magnesium
> 66% vitamin c
> 63% riboflavin b2
> 60% potassium
> 60% vitamin k
> 60% omega 3 fatty acids
> 56% zinc
> 1% vitamin b6
> 0% vitamin b12
> 0% protein
> 0% selenium
> 0% niacin b3
> 0% phosphorus

Well I didn't think I'd be deficient of protein with 4-6 daily
servings of meat, but apparently I'm deficient of most of the B-group
vitamins, calcium and iron(!).  I'm apparently deficient of that
critical nutrient, vitamin D, which is a shame because I like to lock
myself indoors wrapped in dark robes over the summer months.  And
since this is necessary to absorb calcium, I should be worried,
because after two years on paleo now, my bones must be due to start
cracking any minute.

Does anyone fare any better?  Or does anyone know any other diet
analysers where paleo fails just as comically?

Ashley