From:
Jay Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:49:12 -0600
From: "Eva Hedin" wrote:

> Most elderly people in Sweden also live on natural food and do not use
> processed food very much. People here live to the average length of life
> for women 81.4 and men 76.23.

Intersting. I had a friend go over to Sweden, I believe, and he said they
ate a lot of rich foods, with a lot of butter and cream.

I was reading something and found something interesting on the Netherlands
that is a little related to this subject:

In the summer of 1940, the Netherlands became occupied by the military
forces of Nazi Germany. Under a dictatorial regime, the entire nation of
about nine-million people was compelled to change its eating habits
drastically. Dr. C. Moerman, a physician in Vlaardingen, the Netherlands,
described what happened during that period:

  White bread was replaced by whole-meal bread and rye bread. The supply of
sugar was drastically cut down and soon entirely stopped. Honey was used, if
available. The oil supply from abroad was stopped and, as a result, no
margarine was produced any more, causing the people to try and get butter.
Add to this that the consumer received as much fruit and as many vegetables
as possible, hoarding and buying from the farmers what they could. In short:
people satisfied their hunger with large quantities of natural elements rich
in vitamins.

  Now think of what happened later: in 1945 this forced nutrition suddenly
came to an end. What was the result? People started eating again white
bread, margarine, skimmed milk, much sugar, much meat, and only few
vegetables and little fruit.... In short: people ate too much unnatural and
too little natural food, and therefore got too few vitamins.2

Dr. Moerman showed that the cancer rate in the Netherlands dropped straight
down from a peak in 1942 to its lowest point in 1945. But after 1945, with
the return of processed foods, the cancer rate began to climb again and has
shown a steady rise ever since.

2. "The Solution of the Cancer Problem" (m.s., 1962) p. 31