From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 19:25:25 -0500
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:27:04 -0600, Kristina K. Carlton
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>What about the Cocoa pulse test? Checking your resting pulse before eating
>then 15 and 30 minutes after eating a certain food. Supposedly your pulse
>will go up by 10 to 15 beats I believe if one is intolerant to a food.

I'm skeptical of that one too. The best test yet devised seems to be an
elimination diet followed by a "challenge" (there's an example here:
http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400354/Best-Test-for-Food-Intolerance.html) ,
but the fact that most people continue to eat many different foods during a
challenge reduces its effectiveness. Plus, the longer some people have been
on a Paleo diet, the less sensitive they become to any food, further
obscuring the results.