From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:18:49 -0600
> Sheryl: It doesn't seem I'm able to contribute to this list without half a
dozen
people telling me I'm a moron.

I may have been the first one to back Wally a few days ago.  I said that I agree
with his ideas 100% so far.  He is intelligent and well informed.  I also
described his tone as "perhaps a bit rough."  But from there, there seemed to be
a snowball effect of people echoing not only his excellent ideas and persuasive
arguments but his rough tone as well.  This is a shame because it is juvenile
and unnecessary and only ends up driving people away from the promise of health
that paleo eating brings.

A parallel from the outside.  I happen to be conservative politically.  I also
happen to think that Rush Limbaugh is right about the overwhelming majority of
things he says.  But he's such a jerk that he turns off those he ought to be
convincing.  I'm afraid of the same thing happening here.

How about a little more civility?