From:
Charlotte Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:58:21 -0500
On Friday, November 19, 1999 4:34 PM, Kara [SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> I can only speak for myself, I have pcos with insulin resistant and
> hypothyroid, calories in dont necessarily equal pounds gained or loss.
>
> Kara

If the equation isn't that simple, perhaps someone could clarify for me what
other factors, if known, induce the weight loss?  It seems to me that weight
loss must be a simple equation: Calories In - Calories Burned = surplus
energy.  With this equation being true, perhaps the paleodiet increases
metabolism, increasing calories burned?  But if weight loss is not this
simple equation, then there must be another factor.  What is the other
factor(s) affecting weight loss?

As you can see I'm still trying to educate myself in this area and have a
lot to learn.

P.S.  I'm new to the group. 1 month low carb, 1 week paleo. Greetings All! I
haven't finished reading through the archives yet but I'm working on it. Oh,
and my favorite hamburger topping is fresh sliced avocado. Yum!

Charlotte