From:
Mark Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:18:43 -0700
Hello,

I found the links recently pointed out by Todd Moody to contain some
interesting articles.

One that caught my attention was an article by the two Eatons that
explained the health disorders that correlate with nonpaleo diets.  They
mentioned coronary heart disease, cancer, hypertension, and chronic
degenerative diseases.  They explained specifically how a nonpaleo diet
increased the risk of each ailment.  They summed up the article by
stating:
>>That preventive recommendations
>>increasingly resemble
>>paleoanthropological reconstructions of
>>the ancestraL human diet testifies to its
>>continuing relevance.

IMO they are being conservative.  Natural selection is a good design
tool--homo sapiens should be robust animals.  I wouldn't be surprised if
over 90% of our health problems are caused by eating a nonpaleo
diet--eg. obesity, arthritis, fibromyalgia, epilepsy, etc..  As the
number of people experimenting with a paleolithic type diet increases,
the odds of finding solutions to these problems increases.

Regards,
mark

http://www.cast.uark.edu/local/icaes/conferences/wburg/posters/sboydeaton/abstract.html